What personal information do we collect from the people and when?
- When subscribing to our email updates, you will be asked for your name and email address.
- When making a donation on our site, our donation payment processor (Just Giving) will ask for your name and email address, billing address and credit card details, but we do not store that information on our servers.
- When just browsing the Site, we automatically collect certain information via cookies – see section below.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our updates, make a booking or browse the website, in the following ways:
- To send additional relevant information or news about The Sustainable Health Foundation.
- To enable us to quickly process any donations.
- To gather information about how the site is used, so that we can ensure we provide the best user experience.
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular via IP addresses).
How do we protect your information?
Our website is checked on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and processed through our gateway providers (Just Giving) and is stored on their secure servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process donations.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We do not sell or trade your Personal Information to outside parties.
We do share your Personal Information with outside parties for the purposes listed in the section “How do we use your information”, as follows:
- General use of Site: we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may release information that we hold when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make a payment through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you subscribe to our mailing list, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
+44 (0)1483 362 210
The Sustainable Health Foundation
Old Station House
78 Dorking Road
GU4 8NS, UK
Last Edited on 12/08/2021